Composite Application Center (CAC) launched at the German Singapore Business Forum (GSBF)
Hannover 24 April 2018
By Dr. Florian Doetzer
Today, an international group of companies and research entities announced the launch of the Singapore based Composite Application Center (CAC) at the German Singapore Business Forum (GSBF). Currently, the group, spearheaded by Composite Cluster Singapore consists of 10 companies and 2 research entities.
- Admiralty International Pte Ltd – Composite Manufacturing
- Cevotec GmbH – Advanced Fiber Layup Equipment & Software
- Composite Cluster Singapore Pte Ltd – Composite Engineering and Manufacturing Solutions
- Covestro AG – Materials
- Fraunhofer IGCV – Applied R&D
- Hufschmied Zerspanungssysteme GmbH – Machining Tools
- iNDTact GmbH – Sensor Systems & Data Analytics
- Plasmatreat GmbH – Plasma Equipment
- Sakura Tech (S) Pte Ltd – Plastics Manufacturing & Tooling
- Singapore Polytechnic’s School of Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering – Education & Research
- Stratagem Innovation Singapore Pte Ltd – Composite Repair, Inspection and Training
- Filacon Systems by Tajima GmbH – Advanced Preforming Equipment
CAC will provide a platform for developers and users of composite technologies focusing on customer trials, prototyping, pilot manufacturing, maintenance, training and support services.
Product companies can leverage on CAC’s combined expertise and facilities to reduce initial investments and risk for composite related product design & manufacturing. Manufacturers are able to utilize CAC’s support to build or expand their composite manufacturing capabilities.
The Composite Application Center will closely collaborate with other international leaders in composites research, to tap into the latest technologies and to create best of industry solutions. By working closely with regional education & training centers CAC will support a sustainable talent pool and skilled workforce.
The demand for strong and light materials is growing worldwide. Composite materials play an important role and are attracting interest from many industries. However, customers who want to adopt composite technologies want to continue on the level of quality they deliver right now, on an industrial scale. That’s what needs to be addressed through partnerships at CAC, said Florian.
“We cannot develop the manufacturing concept without talking to the materials company, but we cannot develop from the materials point of view if we don’t talk to equipment manufacturers. Above all, we need to talk to the customers to understand their needs. Everyone is part of the solution, no single partner can deliver.”
The partners in CAC will cover all parts of the composite value chain, including material, software, equipment, process technologies, as well as manufacturing and product development. The ability to cover end-to-end solutions is reflected in the synergetic setup of the launch partners.
CAC will officially start its operation on May 1, 2018 and will ramp-up activities and capabilities throughout this year. Additional companies are also slated to join in later this year.
*** END PRESS RELEASE***
Please contact CAC if interested in utilizing its capabilities or collaborating as partner. Dr. Florian Doetzer, CAC@compositecluster.com